Monday 27 September 2010

About the writer of this blog

This certainly isn't going to be an autobiography but I feel it's right to say just a little about myself in so far as it relates to the content of my blog. I have been writing a much more general blog for a considerable time under the name 'Brian in the Tamar Valley' for the not too surprising reason that my Christian name is Brian and that I am fortunate enough to live in the valley of the River Tamar in south west England. More specifically I live on the west or Cornish side of the river.

My full name is Brian Spencer and at the time of writing I am 67 years old. I'm just mentioning my age because from my own personal experience and from the observations I've made of other people one's judgement tends to improve with age, one of the bonuses of growing older I guess. Logic says this should be so in as much as every day can bring new experiences and the opportunity to meet different people so by factoring in all the events that one has encountered in the past as well it should be possible to make a better informed and better reasoned judgement on a specific issue. I certainly feel that way about myself.

I don't come to the question of David Kelly's death with any particular sort of expert knowledge, for instance I have never studied Law or Medicine - two disciplines very relevant in the Kelly business. What I believe I can say though is that I look at matters in a very forensic manner and that I very readily see flaws and inconsistencies in other people's arguments. I am not, nor ever have been, a member of any political party - if in this blog I am seen to be critical of the Labour government in 2003 it is not because of the name of that party, I would feel just the same if the decisions of the time had been made by a different government.

At the time when Dr Kelly went missing the police launched 'Operation Mason' of which more later. I'm mentioning this now as some people have linked this to Freemasons. For the avoidance of doubt I am not, nor ever have been, a Freemason.

Although I am both fascinated and concerned about the death of Dr Kelly I am certainly not putting myself on a pedestal to say I know more than anybody else about it. Far from it. I am certainly prepared for criticism! As I said in my first post I really feel the need to get my thoughts recorded and this I believe is the right time to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment